Different shoes need different care, so we made this handy guide for keeping your shoes clean and looking their best!
SUEDE / NUBUCK LEATHER:
- Be gentle when cleaning your suede and nubuck products. Use a rubber eraser to remove dirt and smudges. Then brush lightly with a soft brush.
- Be mindful and brush in the same direction so as to reduce the appearance of it being two different colours.
- Never use a wire brush or polish on suede or nubuck (some suede brushes do have a wire in the center, which is specifically made for use on suede).
FULL GRAIN / HI SHINE LEATHER:
- Gently wipe with a dry muslin cloth to remove any dried-on dirt and dust. Then dampen the cloth with warm water and wipe again.
- Allow to dry naturally, away from direct sunlight and direct heat sources that can dry out the leather.
- Use a soft damp cloth and a drop of mild soap to remove any haze, dirt or grime.
- Then follow up with a dry muslin cloth to absorb any excess liquid.
- A patent leather cleaner that contains silicone will return the high gloss.
- Begin by using a dry microfibre cloth to remove stains and dirt, followed by a soft bristle brush.
- If necessary, you can dampen the microfibre cloth and rub to remove stains. Let your shoes dry naturally and away from direct sunlight.
- Waterproof upper with waterproofing spray after covering any embellishments.
EMBELLISHED & EMBROIDERED
- Use a damp cloth to wipe away dirt and stains on stones and crystals. Be sure to be gentle, as to avoid loosening the embellishments.
- Allow it to dry naturally and away from direct sunlight.
- Embroidered uppers must be gently wiped with a dry microfibre cloth so as to thoroughly clean your shoes.
- To weatherproof your shoes, we suggest a non-silicone spray or a rain/stain repellent.
REPAIRSWe want you to be able to cherish your GOSSIP shoes for as long as possible. Head on to our Cobbler Concierge page to initiate a Repair Request. GOSSIP shoes are eligible for FREE repairs within 6 months of purchase (not including issues resulting from normal wear and tear such as dirt, scuff marks and scratches and subject to availability of original materials) We also offer CHARGEABLE repairs of shoes not made by us or purchased from us more than 6 months ago. Repairs may take up to 3 weeks to complete.